Philippians 2:1-5 NIV “If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus…”
Dear Church Family, I need your help. We need to work together to make our worship environment safe for the most vulnerable in our church family. Many in our church family have underlying physical conditions and we definitely want to do the best we can to provide a safe place to worship.
I want to encourage you to help by doing the following:
1. Please wear a mask before you enter the building until you find your seat. After you are seated, you are welcome to continue wearing the mask or not, whichever you choose. Wearing a mask is more for others than for yourself.
2. Although it will be huge temptation, please don’t shake hands. Wave like a really friendly person instead.
3. Since we are not providing coffee or waters, please feel free to bring your own if you desire.
4. Children are welcome, and can either sit with their parents or attend children's church. I will provide a children’s sermon directed to the children at the beginning of the second service.
5. Please sit with your family and others who you are normally with, but please leave 3 empty chairs between yourself and other groups.
In order to prepare, we have installed motion sensors on all the bathroom sinks, have placed hand sanitizer bottles throughout the building, and have removed every other row of chairs to create safe distances.
We will not pass an offering plate, but will encourage online giving and have collection boxes at the exits for those that prefer to give checks or cash.
Also, we will have facemasks available for all who need one.
The Service Times will be the same, “Classic Service” at 8:30 AM and the contemporary at 10:30. Although the music styles are different, the sermon will be the same in both services. If you prefer to attend where there are fewer people present, the early service might be a good choice for you.
Regardless of your level of comfort or caution, this virus is real and very contagious, and for the elderly and the vulnerable, it could be deadly. We need to take precautions seriously while still enjoying worship.
I also want to encourage anyone who is concerned about getting back out into the public to watch us on Facebook live (Southern Oaks Church on Facebook) or Youtube live “Southern Oaks Church” at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9mKo5NrJ9X9j8W2JcPyOuQ. The service will be reposted on our website for those that want to watch it later in the week.
I am so thankful that Kerrville is not a “hot-zone,” but we should remember in prayer those in our country who have this virus, and pray for God’s comfort on the families that have lost loved ones. Over 100,000 have died in the United States. Please refrain from coming if you have any symptoms.
The best preparation for this Sunday is to pray for God’s power and presence. No matter how many or how few join us this Sunday, the most important thing is that God shows up… in power and love and grace. For this we know… that wherever two or more are gathered in His name (and six feet apart), He will be in our midst!
Praying for you,