Southern Oaks Church is a place in the Hill Country where people just like you can experience the joy and life change that only a relationship with God can bring. We are so excited to introduce you to Him!
No matter where you are in life's journey, you are welcome here! Come experience the joy and fellowship we've found here at Southern Oaks Church. Our Services are 8:30 (Classic) and 10:45 AM(Contemporary)
During this phase of re-opening, we are doing everything we can to make gathering together safe. You can help us achieve this by doing the following:
1. Please wear a mask before you enter the building until you find your seat. After you are seated, you are welcome to continue wearing the mask or not, whichever you choose. Wearing a mask is more for others than for yourself.
2. Although it will be huge temptation, please don’t shake hands. Wave like a really friendly person instead.
3. Since we are not providing coffee or waters, please feel free to bring your own if you desire.
4. Children are welcome, but should sit with parents. For right now, we are not offering nursery or children’s church. However, I will provide a children’s sermon directed to the children while they remain seated with their parents.
5. Please sit with your family and others who you are normally with, but please leave 3 empty chairs between yourself and other groups.
6. Bibles study classes and Sunday School are temporarily postponed until a later date.
In order to prepare, we have installed motion sensors on all the bathroom sinks, have placed hand sanitizer bottles throughout the building, and have removed every other row of chairs to create safe distances.
We will not pass an offering plate, but will encourage online giving and have collection boxes at the exits for those that prefer to give checks or cash.
Also, we will have facemasks available for all who need one.
Regardless of your level of comfort or caution, this virus is real and very contagious, and for the elderly and the vulnerable, it could be deadly. We need to take precautions seriously while still enjoying worship.
I also want to encourage anyone who is concerned about getting back out into the public to watch us on Facebook live or YouTube live (for those who don’t have Facebook we will post a link on our website to the YouTube channel. The service will be reposted on our website for those that want to watch it later in the week. Please refrain from coming if you have any symptoms.
I am so thankful that Kerrville is not a “hot-zone,” but we should remember in prayer those in our country who have this virus, and pray for God’s comfort on the families that have lost loved ones. Over 100,000 have died in the United States.
The best preparation for Sunday services is to pray for God’s power and presence. No matter how many or how few join us, the most important thing is that God shows up… in power and love and grace. For this we know… that wherever two or more are gathered in His name (and six feet apart), He will be in our midst!
Praying for you,
Philippians 2:1-5 NIV
“If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus…”